g7.jpg
 楼主| 发表于 2012-3-8 09:37:43 | 显示全部楼层
EA5版 本的安装

1.jpg
2.jpg
3.jpg

gaiajm.jpg
发表于 2012-3-12 16:12:55 | 显示全部楼层
在哪里能下载到? 我在CP网站注册并得到了GAIA的license,是不是只有通过CP发送邮件才能下载?
 楼主| 发表于 2012-3-12 16:16:46 | 显示全部楼层
是的。验证通过的CP才让参与EA,收到邮件
 楼主| 发表于 2012-3-16 17:20:57 | 显示全部楼层

I want to share with you my experiences on the Early Availability version of GAIA, the new Check Point operating system.

Besides same upgrade testing I did a new installation in a virtual machine on a VMware ESX server.

Step 1 – Welcome screen

Step 2 – Hardware Scan Details

Please note that GAIA recognizes that it is running on VMware and will automatically installed the VMware tools!

Step 3 – Keyboard selection

Step 4 – Disk information

The installer detected my disks and is automatically creating a software RAID 1 out of it. Very nice. If you want to use a hardware RAID instead, you have to leave the installer at this point, configure your hardware RAID and start over again. Then the hardware RAID will be presented to the installer as one single drive.

Step 5 – Partitipons Configuration

We waited so long for that kind of feature! Especially working with UTM-1 appliance led to problems during software upgrades when some partitions where heaviley used. I wrote some articles about this in my blog on how to enlarge partitions to solve the problems while upgrading. Good that we can now change/correct the partition layout.

Step 6 – Passwort for “admin” account

In SPLAT you had the pre-defined account “admin” with the password “admin” when the installation was done. Change of password had to be done while using the first time configuration wizard over the WebUI. From a security perspective this approach is much better.

Step 7 – Management Interface

Step 8 – Confirmation before formatting and installing

Step 9 to 12 – Formatting and installing

You’re done!
First boot into GAIA

Please note that you can boot into 32 bit mode and also 64 bit mode.

Starting the system – now whith “colored” progress bar

Console login screen

The system doesn’t reveal any longer the version information and IP address and port for management access. Instead you can disply a banner, like in this screenshot

After logging into the system with the password defined in step 6 you will get the message that the configuration has to be done through the First Time Wizard in WebUI.

That’s it for installing GAIA EA take 5. Quite nice. Quite easy. Lot’s of changes under the hood and a really good approach.
您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 注册

本版积分规则

小黑屋|手机版|Archiver|boway Inc. ( 冀ICP备10011147号 )

GMT+8, 2024-5-5 12:02 , Processed in 0.137634 second(s), 19 queries .