只需一步,快速开始

搜索
查看: 2546|回复: 2

Intel网卡支持虚拟列队 对服务器虚拟化更多优化工作

[复制链接]
发表于 2011-12-12 11:30:21 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
intel网卡最新的产品系列都支持虚拟化技术,更好的解决服务器的数据传输瓶颈,兼容IBM服务器,HP服务器,超微服务器,华硕服务器,联想服务器等所有品牌。

Optimized for Virtualization对虚拟化技术的优化 www.server-cn.com
The Intel Gigabit ET and EF Multi-Port ServerAdapters showcase the latest virtualization technology calledIntel® Virtualization Technology for Connectivity (Intel® VT forConnectivity). Intel VT for Connectivity is a suite of hardwareassists that improve overall system performance by lowering the I/Ooverhead in a virtualized environment. This optimizes CPU usage,reduces system latency, and improves I/O throughput.

Intel千兆ET/EF多端口服务器网卡展示了最新的虚拟化技术,被称作英特尔虚拟化互联技术,简称Intel VT forConnectivity。这是一系列在虚拟环境下通过降低I/O的开销帮助改进系统总体性能的硬件产品,英特尔虚拟化互联技术优化CUP的效能,降低系统的延迟,改进I/O的吞吐量。

Intel VT forConnectivity includes:

• Virtual Machine Device Queues (VMDq)

• Intel® I/O Acceleration Technology1 (Intel®I/OAT)

• PCI-SIG Single Root I/O Virtualization (PCI-SIGSR-IOV)

上次听Herbert Xu提过kernelnetworking对虚拟化技术所做的优化,今天去Intel官网上查了一下,果然也是主推这个,附上一篇转载的文章简要介绍一下思路。 www.server-cn.com
intel E10G42BTDA万兆服务器网卡
英特尔虚拟化互联技术包括:

虚拟机器装置队列(VMDq)

英特尔I/O加速技术(Intel I/OAT)

PCI-SIG 单根I/O虚拟化(PCI-SIG SR-IOV) 中国服务器配置网
Use of multi-port adapters in a virtualizedenvironment is very important because of the need to provideredundancy and data connectivity for the applications/workloads inthe virtual machines. Due to slot limitations and the need forredundancy and data connectivity, it is recommended that avirtualized physical server needs at least six GbE ports to satisfythe I/O requirement demands.

因为需要为虚拟机的应用和负载提供冗余和数据连接,在虚拟环境下使用多端口的适配器是非常重要的。鉴于槽位的限制与冗余以及数据连接的需要,推荐使用虚拟化的实体服务器,需要至少六个GbE端口来满足I/O的需求。 本文来自中国服务器配置网

Virtual Machine Device queues (VMDq)虚拟机器装置队列 内容来自中国
服务器配置网
VMDq reduces I/O overhead on the hypervisor in avirtualized server by performing data sorting and coalescing in thenetwork silicon.2 VMDq technology makes use of multiple queues inthe network controller. As data packets enter the network adapter,they are sorted, and packets traveling to the same destination (orvirtual machine) get grouped together in a single queue. Thepackets are then sent to the hypervisor, which directs them totheir respective virtual machines. Relieving the hypervisor ofpacket filtering and sorting improves overall CPU usage andthroughput levels. This new generation of PCIe Intel® Gigabitadapters provides improved performance with the next-generationVMDq technology, which includes features such as loop backfunctionality for inter-VM communication, priority-weightedbandwidth management, and doubling the number of data queues perport from 4 to 8. It now also supports multicast and broadcast dataon a virtualized server.
容来自中国服务器配置网 VMDq通过在网络芯片中执行数据排序和合并降低了虚拟服务器中虚拟机管理程序上I/O的开销。VMDq技术利用网络控制器中的多队列技术。当数据包进入网络适配器是,他们是有序的,并且在一个单一队列里成群结队的朝着同一个目的地(或者虚拟机)前进。接着,数据包被送到将指挥他们到各自的虚拟机的管理程序。降低过滤和排序数据包的管理程序的压力,总体上改进了CPU的使用率和处理能力。新一代PCIIntel千兆网卡通过运用新一代VMDq技术提供了更好的性能,包括如inter-VM通讯的回送功能,等级优先带宽管理和来自端口4到8的数据队列的数字翻倍等特性。也支持在虚拟服务器上进行多点传送和广播传送数据。

Intel® I/O Acceleration Technology Intel I/O加速技术

Intel I/O Acceleration Technology (Intel I/OAT) isa suite of features that improves data acceleration across theplatform, from networking devices to the chipset and processors,which help to improve system performance and application responsetimes.The different features include Intel QuickData Technology,Direct Cache Access (DCA), MSI-X, Low-Latency Interrupts, ReceiveSide Scaling (RSS), and others. Intel QuickData Technology, a DMAengine, moves data using the chipset instead of the CPU. http://www.server-cn.com

DCA enables the adapter to pre-fetch data from thememory cache, thereby avoiding cache misses and improvingapplication response times. MSI-X helps in load-balancing I/Ointerrupts across multiple processor cores, and Low LatencyInterrupts can provide certain data streams a non-modulated pathdirectly to the application. RSS directs the interrupts to aspecific processor core based on the application’saddress.

Intel I/O加速技术是一系列改进数据从网络设备到芯片和处理器跨平台传输速度的特性,帮助改进系统性能和应用的反应时间,包括Intel QuickData技术,Cache直接访问(DCA),MSI-X,低延迟中断,接收端调整(RSS)等特性。IntelQuickData技术,一种直接存储器存取引擎,用芯片代替CPU移动数据。DCA能让网卡从Cache预读取数据从而避免Cache错过,并改进应用的响应时间。MSI-X有助于多核处理器之间I/O中断的负载均衡,而低延迟中断能为某些数据流提供一个未调制的路径直接到应用。RSS根据应用的地址将中断指向特定的处理器内核。

PCI-SIG SR-IOV PCI-SIG单根I/O虚拟化技术 中国服务器配置网
PCI-SIG SR-IOV implementation helps directconnectivity from the adapter to the virtual machines in order toprovide near-native performance. PCI-SIG SR-IOV offers a standardmechanism for I/O devices such as network ports to advertise theirability to be simultaneously shared among multiple virtualmachines. Each virtual machine is assigned its own virtual networkport. By offloading this connectivity functionality to the adapter,you improve CPU usage and reduce latency.

为了表现出接近本机的性能,启用PCI-SIG 单根虚拟化技术有助于从网卡到虚拟机的直接互联。PCI-SIG单根虚拟化技术为网络端口等I/O设备提供了一套标准机制在多个虚拟机中同时共享他们的处理能力。分配给每个虚拟机一个自己的虚拟网络端口。通过将互联功能转移到网卡上,借以改进CPU的效能,降低延迟。

The new Intel dual- and quad-port Gigabit adaptersare hardware ready for PCI-SIG SR-IOV functionality and providefunctionality for future enablement of PCI-SIG SR-IOV invirtualization OS software.

新的Intel网卡 双/四端口千兆是一款已经具有PCI-SIGSR-IOV功能的硬件产品,并为未来该功能在虚拟化操作系统中的应用的可能性做好了准备。
 楼主| 发表于 2011-12-12 12:02:02 | 显示全部楼层
vmware自带lcn0网卡具有很多问题,ftp下传输大批量数据会造成calldown,
查阅了很多资料,也修改了驱动仍然无法解决,不过今天发现一个补救的方法.即
在虚拟机目录下找到vmware虚拟机配置文件(.vmx文件),用记事本打开,找到:
ethernet0.present = "TRUE"   
在下面添上一行:
ethernet0.virtualDev = "e1000"
如此就可以模拟e1000网卡了,尝试了ftp大批量传输,没有再calldown.
 楼主| 发表于 2011-12-12 12:02:16 | 显示全部楼层
Optimized for Virtualization对虚拟化技术的优化

The Intel Gigabit ET and EF Multi-Port Server Adapters showcase the latest virtualization technology called Intel® Virtualization Technology for Connectivity (Intel® VT for Connectivity). Intel VT for Connectivity is a suite of hardware assists that improve overall system performance by lowering the I/O overhead in a virtualized environment. This optimizes CPU usage, reduces system latency, and improves I/O throughput.

Intel千兆ET/EF多端口服务器网卡展示了最新的虚拟化技术,被称作英特尔虚拟化互联技术,简称Intel VT for Connectivity。这是一系列在虚拟环境下通过降低I/O的开销帮助改进系统总体性能的硬件产品,英特尔虚拟化互联技术优化CUP的效能,降低系统的延迟,改进I/O的吞吐量。

Intel VT for Connectivity includes:

• Virtual Machine Device Queues (VMDq)

• Intel® I/O Acceleration Technology1 (Intel® I/OAT)

• PCI-SIG Single Root I/O Virtualization (PCI-SIG SR-IOV)

英特尔虚拟化互联技术包括:

虚拟机器装置队列(VMDq)

英特尔I/O加速技术(Intel I/OAT)

PCI-SIG 单根I/O虚拟化(PCI-SIG SR-IOV)

Use of multi-port adapters in a virtualized environment is very important because of the need to provide redundancy and data connectivity for the applications/workloads in the virtual machines. Due to slot limitations and the need for redundancy and data connectivity, it is recommended that a virtualized physical server needs at least six GbE ports to satisfy the I/O requirement demands.

因为需要为虚拟机的应用和负载提供冗余和数据连接,在虚拟环境下使用多端口的适配器是非常重要的。鉴于槽位的限制与冗余以及数据连接的需要,推荐使用虚拟化的实体服务器,需要至少六个GbE端口来满足I/O的需求。

Virtual Machine Device queues (VMDq) 虚拟机器装置队列

VMDq reduces I/O overhead on the hypervisor in a virtualized server by performing data sorting and coalescing in the network silicon.2 VMDq technology makes use of multiple queues in the network controller. As data packets enter the network adapter, they are sorted, and packets traveling to the same destination (or virtual machine) get grouped together in a single queue. The packets are then sent to the hypervisor, which directs them to their respective virtual machines. Relieving the hypervisor of packet filtering and sorting improves overall CPU usage and throughput levels. This new generation of PCIe Intel® Gigabit adapters provides improved performance with the next-generation VMDq technology, which includes features such as loop back functionality for inter-VM communication, priority-weighted bandwidth management, and doubling the number of data queues per port from 4 to 8. It now also supports multicast and broadcast data on a virtualized server.

VMDq通过在网络芯片中执行数据排序和合并降低了虚拟服务器中虚拟机管理程序上I/O的开销。VMDq技术利用网络控制器中的多队列技术。当数据包进入网络适配器是,他们是有序的,并且在一个单一队列里成群结队的朝着同一个目的地(或者虚拟机)前进。接着,数据包被送到将指挥他们到各自的虚拟机的管理程序。降低过滤和排序数据包的管理程序的压力,总体上改进了CPU的使用率和处理能力。新一代PCI Intel千兆网卡通过运用新一代VMDq技术提供了更好的性能,包括如inter-VM通讯的回送功能,等级优先带宽管理和来自端口4到8的数据队列的数字翻倍等特性。也支持在虚拟服务器上进行多点传送和广播传送数据。

Intel® I/O Acceleration Technology  Intel I/O加速技术

Intel I/O Acceleration Technology (Intel I/OAT) is a suite of features that improves data acceleration across the platform, from networking devices to the chipset and processors, which help to improve system performance and application response times.The different features include Intel QuickData Technology, Direct Cache Access (DCA), MSI-X, Low-Latency Interrupts, Receive Side Scaling (RSS), and others. Intel QuickData Technology, a DMA engine, moves data using the chipset instead of the CPU.

DCA enables the adapter to pre-fetch data from the memory cache, thereby avoiding cache misses and improving application response times. MSI-X helps in load-balancing I/O interrupts across multiple processor cores, and Low Latency Interrupts can provide certain data streams a non-modulated path directly to the application. RSS directs the interrupts to a specific processor core based on the application’s address.

Intel I/O加速技术是一系列改进数据从网络设备到芯片和处理器跨平台传输速度的特性,帮助改进系统性能和应用的反应时间,包括Intel QuickData技术,Cache直接访问(DCA),MSI-X,低延迟中断,接收端调整(RSS)等特性。Intel QuickData技术,一种直接存储器存取引擎,用芯片代替CPU移动数据。DCA能让网卡从Cache预读取数据从而避免Cache错过,并改进应用的响应时间。MSI-X有助于多核处理器之间I/O中断的负载均衡,而低延迟中断能为某些数据流提供一个未调制的路径直接到应用。RSS根据应用的地址将中断指向特定的处理器内核。

PCI-SIG SR-IOV PCI-SIG单根I/O虚拟化技术

PCI-SIG SR-IOV implementation helps direct connectivity from the adapter to the virtual machines in order to provide near-native performance. PCI-SIG SR-IOV offers a standard mechanism for I/O devices such as network ports to advertise their ability to be simultaneously shared among multiple virtual machines. Each virtual machine is assigned its own virtual network port. By offloading this connectivity functionality to the adapter, you improve CPU usage and reduce latency.

为了表现出接近本机的性能,启用PCI-SIG 单根虚拟化技术有助于从网卡到虚拟机的直接互联。PCI-SIG单根虚拟化技术为网络端口等I/O设备提供了一套标准机制在多个虚拟机中同时共享他们的处理能力。分配给每个虚拟机一个自己的虚拟网络端口。通过将互联功能转移到网卡上,借以改进CPU的效能,降低延迟。

The new Intel dual- and quad-port Gigabit adapters are hardware ready for PCI-SIG SR-IOV functionality and provide functionality for future enablement of PCI-SIG SR-IOV in virtualization OS software.

新的Intel 双/四端口千兆网卡是一款已经具有PCI-SIG SR-IOV功能的硬件产品,并为未来该功能在虚拟化操作系统中的应用的可能性做好了准备。
您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 注册

本版积分规则

小黑屋|手机版|Archiver|boway Inc. ( 冀ICP备10011147号 )

GMT+8, 2024-4-26 13:30 , Processed in 0.108159 second(s), 16 queries .